CALLING ALL SECONDARY SCHOOL STUDENTS!
Your Challenge Statement:
“How would your energy efficient school or neighbourhood in Singapore look like in 2050?”
For the first time ever, Singapore Energy Grand Challenge (Youth) invites all secondary school students to put your imagination and creativity to the test through designing Singapore’s energy future. Using Microsoft’s Minecraft: Education Edition (M:EE), bring to life your vision of an energy efficient Singapore in 2050 and beyond!
Form a team of two to four with your schoolmates and submit a one-minute video that showcases your idea of an energy efficient Singapore using M:EE.
Top 3 teams will stand a chance to win attractive cash prizes of up to $10,000.
There are 3 phases that you need to take note of:
Phase 1 – Registration Period:
- Create a 1-min video to showcase your idea of an energy efficient Singapore using Minecraft. Upload your video on YouTube and set the video to “Unlisted”.
Approach your teacher to register and submit your entry, including the URL to your video.
- Registration period is from 18 March to 10 July (extended from 18 April 2020).
Phase 2 – Clinic Sessions:
- Shortlisted teams will attend a half-day clinic session to aid deeper understanding of Singapore’s Energy Story.
- Acquire additional Minecraft skills which will come in handy for your preparation and submission of a 3-min video to qualify for the final shortlisting round.
Phase 3 – Recognition Ceremony:
- Winners will be awarded the Young Engineer Award (Achievement) by Singapore Polytechnic - School of Electrical & Electronic Engineering.
- The Top 3 teams will be recognized at Youth@SIEW 2020 on 30 October 2020.
For more information, please visit:
- Frequently Asked Questions
- M:EE Learning Resources
- Singapore Energy Story
For more information or assistance in obtaining free trial licenses of Minecraft: Education Edition, please seek your teacher's assistance to contact Empire Code on +65 6977 7818 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.