CALLING ALL SECONDARY SCHOOL AND JUNIOR COLLEGE STUDENTS!
Your Challenge Statement:
How would your carbon-free school or neighbourhood in Singapore look like in 2050?
The Singapore Energy Grand Challenge (Youth) invites all secondary school and junior college students to put your imagination and creativity to the test through designing Singapore's energy future. Using Microsoft's Minecraft: Education Edition (M:EE), bring to life your vision of a carbon-free Singapore in 2050 and beyond!
Form a team of two to four with your schoolmates to participate in the Junior (lower secondary students) or Senior (upper secondary and junior college students) category and submit a three-minute video that showcases your idea of a carbon-free Singapore using M:EE.
Top 3 teams in the Junior and Senior categories will win cash prizes of up to $10,000 in their respective category.
Singapore Energy Grand Challenge (Youth) 2021
There are 3 phases that you need to take note of:
Phase 1 – Registration Period:
Phase 2 – Clinic Sessions:
- Create a 3-min video to showcase your vision of a carbon-free Singapore using Minecraft: Education Edition (M:EE). Upload your video on YouTube and set the video to "Unlisted".
- Approach your teacher to register and submit your entry, including the URL to your video.
- Registration period opens from 1 March to 25 April 2021 (extended from 15 April).
Phase 3 – Final Judging and Award Ceremony:
- Shortlisted teams will attend a half-day virtual clinic session to aid deeper understanding of Singapore’s Energy Story.
- Acquire additional Minecraft: Education Edition (M:EE) skills which will come in handy for your preparation and submission of a 5-min video to qualify for the final shortlisting round.
- Final submissions will be judged according to the criteria of relevance, creativity, and presentation.
- Members of the public can participate by voting for one of the top 3 Senior Category entries which best express their ideas for a carbon-free Singapore.
- The top 3 teams of both Junior and Senior Categories will receive their awards in end-July 2021.
Thanks for your submissions! Shortlisted teams have been notified.
For more information, please visit:
- Frequently Asked Questions
- M:EE Learning Resources
- Singapore Energy Story
- Guidebook on M:EE licenses
In Partnership with: